Youth participating in Deport-es para Compartir, an initiative launched by UNYA-Mexico (UNYA-Mexico 2012)
UN Youth Association Mexico (UNYA-Mexico)
UN Association of Mexico (UNA-Mexico)
- Deport-es para Compartir (Sports for Sharing): A civic and educational program that teaches children how to become better citizens
- Iniciativas para Compartir (Initiatives for Sharing): The follow-up program of Deport-es para Compartir that supports youth in the development and implementation of initiative projects.
- The program Deport-es para Compartir, from the UNYA-Mexico, introduces the Eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to boys and girls as ascending global citizens through the universal language of games and play. Making the MDGs a tangible reality, the program equips these children with the tools necessary to metamorphose into local change makers.
- Since 2007, Deport-es para Compartir has enriched the lives of more than 44,500 Mexican children.
- Throughout Mexico, these children have been able to learn, reflect, and contribute to changes within their communities, alongside their parents and teachers.
- Deport-es para Compartir is working to create a network of exemplary citizens, helping others aspire to become peace-loving ambassadors.
- The program hosts an interdisciplinary team of 35 young professional women and men committed with the child and youth development.
- The team comprises of full time collaborators, volunteers, interns and university students fulfilling the graduation requirement of social service. The program Deport-es para Compartir belongs to both UNYA-Mexico and UNA-Mexico.
Would like to network on
- Social Change
- Cultural Diversity
- Civic participation