Youth resources for sustainable development. Feel like something is missing or want to chat with our Sustainable Development Officer? Let us know!
The adoption of the Post-2015 development agenda is fast approaching. Since Rio +20 a number of processes have been ongoing to design the Post-2015 agenda and recently several inputs have been finalized:
- Open Working Group: Sustainable Development Goals
- Synthesis Report of the Secretary-General on the Post-2015 Agenda
- Report of Intergovernmental Committee of Experts on Sustainable Development Financing
- Report of the Secretary-General’s Independent Expert Advisory Group on a Data Revolution for Sustainable Development
In 2015, intergovernmental negotiations, with civil society engagement will continue on a monthly basis up until the adoption of the Post-2015 agenda in September 2015. For regular updates, visit this calendar of events.
Check out our Sustainable Development page and our GEO Advocacy plan (PDF). Add your message to be share with the world on the UNSCD Messages for Rio +20 page! Or download the youth participation guide.
We said, "Connect young people around the world so that they can, together, make a difference in their futures." Do you agree?
- Australia Youth Climate Coalition
- Canadian Youth Delegation
- Conference on Youth - Conference leading to Rio +20 in Durban on 25-27 November
- European Youth Statement Towards Rio +20
- Kenyan Chapter Youth Climate Coaltion
- New Zealand Youth Delegation
- Nigerian Youth Climate Coalition
- One Day on Earth - New media and documentary project that partnered with UNDP. Get your UNA involved today!
- Rio+20 - Subscribe to their newsletter for updated information on how you can make Rio+20 a reality
- TIG Environment Portal
- TckTckTck - The Global Campaign for Climate Change: an alliance of nonprofit organizations
- UK Youth Climate Coalition
- UNFCCC YOUNGO - Wiki portal for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change youth constituency
- Global Health Corps - Fellows program for youth interested in global health
Millennium Development Goals
- MDG Youth Corner
- MDGs - Suggestions by the UNDP on how to get involved
- ONE Campus Movement - Intercollegiate competition designed to mobilize students in the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease
- ONE Campus Blog
UN Population Fund (UNFPA)
- 7 Billion Actions - Organizations Directory