Who we are
We are a global nonprofit membership organization working for a stronger and more effective United Nations. Established in 1946, we represent and coordinate a membership of over 100 national United Nations Associations and their thousands of members.
A United Nations that is a powerful force in meeting common global challenges and opportunities.
We work to build a better world by strengthening and improving the United Nations through the engagement of people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation–global citizens.
What we believe
We believe that peoples’ involvement in all levels of local, national and global decision-making is essential in order to achieve the goals of the United Nations.
What we value
WFUNA’s mission is grounded in what we value:
- Impact: We value performance and results. We set and hold ourselves accountable to high standards.
- Respect: We listen to and learn from our constituents, partners, funders, and one another. We value diverse perspectives and strive to incorporate them in our work.
- Empowerment: We believe in the power of knowledge and its capacity to mobilize human beings to create a better world.
- Collaboration: We work as a team within WFUNA and with our partners. We share ideas and try to align our efforts with those of others who are dedicated to the goals of the United Nations.
- Innovation: We seek original approaches for achieving our goals, taking advantage of creative communication for our outreach.
- Passion: We are committed to making a difference. We strive for what can be; we do not settle for what is.