WFUNA and Human Rights
Promotion of human rights, human rights advocacy and human rights education have been at the core of WFUNA's programmatic work since the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948.
WFUNA has worked alongside the United Nations for the development and implementation of a system of universal human rights – rights which are applicable to all human beings: old and young, male and female, rich and poor, whoever we are and wherever we are from.
Our current human rights programs, Civil Society in Action for Human Rights, the UNA Youth Human Rights Training, and the Human Rights Training for Libya, provide capacity building training to youth and UNA members from all around the world.
Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Ms. Navanthem Pillay's Message to UNAs
Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, delivered a message to the participants of WFUNA 40th Plenary Assembly in which she highlighted the essential work carried out by WFUNA and other civil society organizations in promoting and protecting human rights for all throughout the world.
- UN Special Interview with WFUNA SG June 2013
- "Human Rights Council 2012: Keeping up the Credibility", International OpEd on Huffington Post
- International OpEd in German signed and published by UNA-Austria
- "Consejo de Derechos Humanos: Mantener la Credibilidad", International OpEd in Spanish signed by UNA-Argentina
- "Conseil des droits de l'homme: Maintenir la Credibilité", International OpEd in French, signed and published by UNA-Gabon
- Message from WFUNA Secretary-General on Human Rights Day 2013
- WFUNA's written contribution to the OHCHR's Management Plan 2014-2017
- Message from WFUNA Secretary-General on Human Rights Day 2012
Message from WFUNA Secretary-General on Human Rights Day 2011
- Message from WFUNA Secretary-General on Human Rights Day 2010
So, you want to be the next High Commissioner? WFUNA implements annual human rights trainings for UNA youth since 2011
Civil Society in Action for Human Rights: The program has been launched in 2013