Organised by the UN Association of the UK, the event will bring together UN experts, policy-makers and people from all walks of life to discuss some of the most pressing challenges facing the world today – from intractable conflicts to population growth – and to produce innovative ideas on how to build a safer, fairer and more sustainable world.
- Lord Mallock-Brown, former UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Dame Margaret Anstee, former UN Under-Secretary-General
- Dr Chaloka Beyani, UN Special Rapporteur on Internally Displaced Persons
- Lord Browne, former UK Defence Secretary
- Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Chairman of UNA-UK and former British Ambassador to the UN
- Alison Marshall, Public Affairs Director, UNICEF UK
- Dr Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director, UN Population Fund
- David Nussbaum, CEO of WWF UK
- Sir Malcolm Rifkind, former UK Foreign Secretary
- H.E. Kamalesh Sharma, Secretary-General of the Commonwealth
- Sir Patrick Stewart, actor and UNA-UK patron
- Baroness Williams, Peer and nuclear non-proliferation expert
- Sir Nicholas Young, Chief Executive of the British Red Cross
This one-day event will be held on 14 July 2012 at the Institute of Education in London.
To find out more and book your place, please visit www.una.org.uk/forum